We are an exclusive solo ophthalmology practice in the eastern suburbs of Pretoria. After opening in June 2013, the practice has grown from strength to strength and we are truly blessed to be able to serve the local and surrounding communities.
The practice is fully equipped with state of the art diagnostic equipment, to be able to diagnose simple as well as complex eye conditions. Surgery is offered primarily at the Intercare day hospital in Hazeldean, but other day hospitals including Optimed eye and laser clinic, and some of the Medicross day hospitals are also available to cater to the patient’s needs.
The practice is able to offer visual acuity testing and refraction, anterior segment evaluation and photography, tonometry / pachimetry, auto-refraction / keratometry, optical coherence tomography (OCT), fundus fluorescein angiography, fundus auto-fluorescence and fundus photography.
We are also able to assess and treat diabetic retinopathy and screen / evaluate patients for glaucomatous damage and or progression.
Minor surgical procedures can be done in the procedure room at the practice, and major ophthalmological procedures will be booked for theatre.
The practice is aimed on the treatment of various eye conditions and also refractive eye surgery through LASIK, ReLEx SMILE and PRK procedures.
Various conditions of patients in various age groups can be diagnosed and treated in Dr. Niemandt’s practice. These include but is not limited to
* Cataracts (surgical correction and lens implantation with standard and premium intra-ocular lenses)
* Glaucoma diagnosis, medical and surgical treatment
* Age-related Macular degeneration (“AMD”)
* Laser treatment of diabetic retinal conditions
* Oculoplastic surgery including lid procedures, ptosis repair and blepharoplasties
* Laser treatments for post-cataract surgery patients
* Refractive laser (LASIK, ReLEx SMILE, PRK) and intra-ocular procedures to correct near-, farsightedness and astigmatism:
The main practice is currently located at Hazeldean outside the Intercare medical and dental centre. The laser rooms are situated at the Hazeldean medical centre next to the Intercare day hospital where certain laser procedures are being performed.
Please also follow us on Facebook. Link to this can be found on the Home page.
Click here to view the Virtual Tour of the Practice.
Click here to view Gallery